WHY CHOOSE US?
Click here to view Prairie Mountain Health's Mission, Vision, Values and Strategic Direction
- Do you want to work in a rural setting that borders on a national park?
- Do your want to work in an urban setting, the third largest health facility in Manitoba?
- Do you want a quality of life that suits your needs?
- Click on any of the links below to find out more about the services and amenities that sets Prairie Mountain Health apart from the rest of Manitoba!
- Riding Mountain National Park
- Duck Mountain Provincial Park
- Brandon University
- Assiniboine Community College
- School Divisions in Manitoba
- Manitoba Tourism
We offer comprehensive, shared payment, health and benefit packages that vary depending on the employee group and status. Most packages include the following:
- Extended Health Care – provides supplementary health services such as prescription drugs, hospital accommodation differential costs, and vision care, to name a few.
- Dental – provides for reimbursement of basic, restorative and orthodontic services, subject to some maximums
- Life Insurance
- Group Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Sickness and Disability
- Sick leave – Short term sick leave benefits are provided in the event of a non-occupational illness or accident
- Long Term Disability – Income is provided in the event of total disability
- Pension Pan
- Defined Benefit Pension Plan – You are guaranteed a lifetime pension based on a benefit formula tied to your pensionable earnings history, contributory service and how long you worked.
- Paid Time Away
- Vacation – Depending on the position, vacation entitlement starts at three weeks, with additional time accrued based on years of service.
- Discretionary Leave – Certain positions are eligible for discretionary leave in lieu of paid overtime.
- Holidays – Twelve statutory holidays are observed throughout the year.
- Special Leave – Leave with pay may be granted for compassionate leave, etc.
- Maternity, Parental and Adoption Leaves are granted based on provisions with the Collective Agreements and terms and conditions for Non-union Out of Scope staff. A supplemental unemployment benefit may be payable to eligible employees who are on an approved maternity leave. (Further details on benefits will be provided upon confirmation of employment).
For more information about pension and health benefits, visit the Healthcare Employees’ Benefits and Pension Plans of Manitoba website at www.hepp.mb.ca
Continuous improvement is important to Prairie Mountain Health and we support our staff in pursuing lifelong learning.
Professional Development opportunities are available to staff at all levels in the organization. Whether its computer skills training for office staff, inter-professional education for healthcare providers, management training for a new supervisor or leadership training for an experienced manager in support of succession planning, staff are presented with opportunities to learn and grow throughout their careers.